With the last stack of Peppered Cottons, fresh templates, hot iron and my glue bottle, it was time to give it another go.
|28" x 37"|
I may have run out of the main colors, or was it planned that the side pieces are a different color? Okay, I didn't have enough so I had to improvise! It's a test, right?
The quilting is very similar to the first piece, except I didn't go quite as dense with this one. I used Pink, Purple and Grey thread and as always, it makes for some 'pretty' on the back!
The back is Moda Black Cross Weave. It was the perfect size. I'm surprised at how slippery this fabric is. I ended up spray basting (and I never, ever do that) because I thought it would stay in place better. It did and it didn't. I think I should have used more spray!
With every design, there is a learning curve. A slight change here, a little adjustment there. It may work, it may not. I'll keep trying, plugging away. You never know, I may get lucky or it might even turn into something completely different!
For now it can be put on the back burner. I'm itching to jump into some Improv!!