When I decided to get it done once and for all, ideas came and went. Possibilities were there, my ability to execute those...well, not so much. In the end, I went with simple.
|46 1/2" x 70"|
Denyse Schmidt ~ Florence
I ended up marking lines vertically, horizontally and diagonally for quilting. Making sure to focus the attention on the stars. They are front and center after all!
With all the prints it's hard to see exactly how it was quilted. That was one of the reasons I opted to keep it simple. If you were able to get up close and personal with it, you would see the quilting created squares, rectangles and diamond shapes with all the intersecting of the lines.
In the end, I think it turned out pretty fine! I find when I use prints (which is not very often), I tend to keep the quilting simple. As opposed to solids, which I quilt the living hell out of!
The backing I ordered worked perfectly even though it was from a different line by Denyse Schmidt (Hadley).
The mission when I started making this quilt: Use my 'CASUAL LINK' block I designed to see if it would actually look good in a quilt. And to use a fat quarter bundle of Denyse Schmidt ~ Florence I had for far too long. Mission accomplished!
The back received every last usable piece I had left. I wouldn't want any scraps hanging around!