Here is the post where I revealed the finished quilt: Well Worth It! It was massive and very rewarding! The finished quilt was delivered to my customer who loved it! Whew! It's always a relief to hear that! You just never know!
The next phase was pillows. She asked, I said yes...thinking two regular sized pillow covers. Turns out it four and 3 different sizes! Luckily I'm up for the challenge!
This is the first one and the smallest of the four measuring 12" x 24". All the pillows will end up with a classic envelope closure.
I wanted to make each pillow like the quilt, but different so they stand out a little bit. This one is much darker. I used a little white, but mostly colors. Measuring at a whopping 18" x 52.5" it is the biggest pillow I have ever made! I guess this quilting project has become the 'bigger is better' project!
Right now I am working on the last two. In the end they will be 26.5" x 26.5" square.
It was really hard to get back in the improv mode after the quilt. I was fighting it, trying to get my head in the game.
It helped to take a break. I finally got to hand dye more fabric! My stash has been slowly dwindling! Here is a sneak peak at a few pieces me and my daughter dyed:
We played with the Shibori method on these pieces. Kind of a loose version I would say! It's amazing what a little twine, twisting and folding can create!