This table runner was another one of my experiments. I wanted to put a twist on the feathers and finally try to make arrow. Testing...testing...
|15" x 45"|
Here's the scoop:
Smaller feathers. Yep! I used Anna Maria Horner's pattern. HERE. I used up some of the left over pieces from the bigger feathers and had to make a few more strips. There were a few modifications, but all in all it was the same process as the big feathers. The feather blocks ended up being 7 1/2" x 10 1/2".
I tried to make my very own version of an arrow, however it strained my brain and didn't turn out as good as I wanted it to. Luckily there are others who have shared and mastered the arrow technique! I ended up finding this perfectly great ARROW tutorial at Grace & Favour.
I shortened the arrow to fit a table runner and to have a better fit with my feathers. This arrow is 3 1/2" x 13"
It still needed a little extra. Some filler. Chevrons seemed like a very good idea. I tried a different method for the HST's. Something different, something new for me! It sometimes is the little things that excite me! I have a tutorial in the works!
Piecing together all the elements was pretty easy and straight forward. The backing is an off-white and the binding is Kona Raffia.
My favorite 1/2" geometric straight line quilting put the final touches this baby needed.
Next time you see feathers ~ I hope it ends up being in a quilt. I will be making one. Just not in the near future!